Summer Skin TipsheadingContent
Summer is right around the corner and living in South Florida, the sun and heat can do major damage to your skin. Florida is known for having hot, humid air, which can wreak havoc on your skin. With these tips, you can help keep your summer days, and skin, relaxed and healthy.
- Sunscreen can help prevent burns, skin cancer and can help slow down skin aging. Look for sunscreen that is SPF 30, or higher, water resistant and offers broad-spectrum.
- When sweat mixes with bacteria and oils on your skin, it may clog your pores, causing you to breakout. You can easily prevent breakouts by blotting, instead of wiping, sweat from your skin with a clean towel. Also wash your clothes after you sweat before wearing them again.
- Many people will stay inside with air conditioning or in the pool, but did you realize this can dry out your skin? To help prevent dry skin, shower and shampoo after you get out of the pool. Use warm, not hot water to shower or bathe. Carry moisturizer with you, to apply it when your skin feels dry.
- Wearing lip balm can heal irritated lips, and can prevent chapped lips.
- Blocked sweat glands, due to sweat building up under your skin and not getting out, can cause heat rash. Wear light-weight, loose clothing. If you’re exercising outside during the summer months, try during the coolest parts of the day.